FLIR Systems Announces AX8 Thermal Imager for Industrial Automation
Easy-to-install imager enables condition monitoring and fire prevention. FLIR Systems, Inc. has announced the launch of its new AX8 fixed-mount thermal imager. Combining thermal and visible cameras along with FLIR’s proprietary MSX® technology in a small, affordable package, the AX8 is easy to install in space-constrained areas for automated and uninterrupted condition monitoring of critical electrical and mechanical equipment.
Enabled by FLIR’s Lepton® thermal imaging core, the AX8 provides early detection of temperature-related issues in electrical and mechanical equipment, guarding against unplanned outages, service interruptions, and equipment failure, The AX8 is the ideal temperature sensor for continuous condition monitoring and fire prevention without the need for periodic manual scans.
The AX8 does more than just monitor temperatures. While displaying over 4,800 active temperature points per image, it also provides streaming temperature data over industry-standard interfaces (Ethernet/IP and Modbus TCP) for easy analysis, has a built-in web interface, and includes a full suite of Analysis and Alarm functions that automatically send alerts when the AX8 detects elevated temperatures.
Measuring only 54 x 25 x 95 mm, the AX8 integrates easily into electrical installations or any manufacturing environment. The AX8’s streaming thermal, visual, and MSX video is output in standard MJPEG, MPEG, H.264 formats, adding multipurpose image capabilities.
With all of these features in a compact form factor, the FLIR AX8 addresses the condition monitoring and safety needs for many environments, including:
• Process and manufacturing industries
• Data centers
• Energy generation and distribution
• Transportation and mass transit
• Storage facilities
• Refrigeration warehouses
• Condition monitoring
– With the AX8, FLIR is continuing to find new and innovative uses for its increasingly-more affordable thermal imaging technologies, said Andy Teich, FLIR’s President and CEO.
– The AX8 is another example of how our new Lepton core’s revolutionary price, size, and low power consumption make it an ideal solution for new innovative form factors and applications.
To learn more, please visit www.flir.com/ax8.